Do you have what it takes to become a
Certified Master Inspector®?
Every Certified Master Inspector® must:
- have completed 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of education (combined);
- have been in the inspection business for at least three years;
- agree to abide by the inspection industry’s toughest Code of Ethics;
- agree to periodic criminal background checks; and
- submit the application and the one-time fee (no annual dues, ever).
You need not be a member of any particular trade association. The Certified Master Inspector® professional designation is open to all qualifying inspectors. Your application will be processed within 48 hours of receipt of your application and fee. If your application is approved, the Master Inspector Certification Board will issue you a certificate and list you as a Certified Master Inspector® on this website. You may then advertise yourself as a Certified Master Inspector® and Board-Certified. There are no annual dues. If you are not accepted, your money will be returned to you with an explanation. Frequently Asked Questions